Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Planes and Boats and Trains

Planes,and boats and Trains;and other forms of transport .

I love boats and trams,also love people driving me to places.Travel can be fun,or tediousMy longest train journey was on the Orient Express,not quite ae romantic as I imagined.

It took four days and nights to Istanbul?The train started off really clean,but after Jugoslavia it became really dirty and disgusting.It wasnt one train in each country we alighted on a platform and waited for new carriages to me added.Of course I didnt have a first class ticket,the train got more and more crowded.I never forgot four fat ladies got on in Jugoslavia with a picnic basket that they shared with everyone in our carriage.After Rome there was no buffet car.The seats after Rome were wooden,and numbing,I coukd hardly walk when I finally arrived in Istanbul,which still has trams that I love.

Going to the toilet was a nightmare.Two Turkish guys gave me their seatsband stood all night from Greece.customs checks and ticket checks a constant interruption

Jumbo jets mean long lines getting on and off at the destination,for me it was my first light to Australia,qThose queues take hours.Great travel by yacht,I dont drink so always  rowed ashore to buy Raki and alcoholfor the people on board That was in the Agean sea.I love rowing,and small boats.Larger ships I find a bit boring.

Gondalas in Venice is romantic and fun in fact thats really an interesting experience with the beauty Barges are also great ro live on I made a film about narrow boats once,four of us chose to live on the barges while filming,the filmcrew chose to stay in hotels along the canal,Its a peaceful world,and seeing the backs of towns,and countryside exciting.

Ballooning is my dream or even space travel.

What was your longest or most interesting journey?Most comfortable,or,uncomfortable.

Post:Music on our theme,gifs or memes or perhaps your story of a journey,or interesting experience.

Respect other commenters.No religious or political comments please

Enjoy:Lian










No comments:

Post a Comment