Friday, December 3, 2021

Beautiful places in our memories.Place you memories here.











 Beautiful places in our memories,place your memories here.

Maybe it’s where you live,or would like to live?

Maybe places you have visited.

I wonder,in the present climate,if we can travel freely to see dear friends, or places again.

Will we only have memories left to travel?Maybe these places will have changed dramatically,or even people.

I once visted the Blue Mosque,the interior was an open space.I revisited again,people were channeled,segregated,and herded into different areas,with barriers,and partitions between ‘believers and non-believers.Had to wear special covering robes,handed out.

The Roman baths in Bath were several small pool areas,and on one of my first visits midsummernight,I bought a ticket to swim in the Roman baths.Two years later I took my grandmother,it had changed dramatically.a larger space with hotspring streams,and foot bridges.Being a romantic I was stunned at the changes,it looked beautiful but quite different,my mind wandered back to Jane Austin's visit.How was it in those days,in comparison,we have Jane Austins memories in her writings.no more swimming in the Roman Baths allowed!!!

Some of the pictures below are my favourite travel memories;Waterfall beach,WA.,Istanbul.See how many you know?Hydrapassa Istanbul,and Isandras tower in Uskudar.Isandra was the Sultan's daughter.A fortuneteller predicted Isandra woul be bitten by an asp and die.The Sultan built the tower in the Bosphorous for his daughter to save her from her fate.Her lover a prince,swam to her every night with fruit and flowers,in the fruit was an asp whch bit her and she died.

So post your favorite memories of places,music written about places,memes,trailersanecdotes,mention books too.

Remember no politics or religious commemts please,respect other commenters.

Most of all enjoy

Lian


No comments:

Post a Comment