Saturday, April 22, 2023

Fly High

Fly High

I’ve always loved old planes,especially the painted ones.plus the pretty pin ups that adorned the planes,am art form in itself.Why are modes of transport feminine? Now they are Trans…port.no gender.

People used to care for their planes and vintage cars,Flying was an art,and those magificent Men loved their flying machines,and vintage cars.

Now everything goes faster and faster,and few planes or cars have character.

Leonardo De Vinci was the first person to design a flying machine.Man has always dreamed of flying.

Icarus flew too near the sun and his waxen wings melted and he fell to earth.

Last week early one cold morning…somehow I always leave doors open to the garden,two little birds came into my room.They flew round a few times,investigated and were away.At Christmas a robin would visit several years in a row, come into my room totally unafraid.I crossed the courtyard and another sparrow followed me into the house.conclusion, they are hungry and nesting.Now they are flocking ito the garden and eating  their was through my crumbly plum cake.I love the twitter and weetin when the food is put out.

Flying in small planes is fun,often used to before airways became commercial and flying no real fun any more.

Hang gliding and flying in the wind on currents of air looks fun! But one of my friends landed in the only tree for miles around and injured himself badly.Plus we have a lot of ravines and cliffs here….dangerous…oh amd sharks in the sea.

Many of my friends bungee jump,looks like a horror experience to me.

Musks  super expensive rocket burst into flames.As much as I would love to land on the moon or Mars,the cost is prohibitive,and it would have to be safer.

The theme for today is flying,birds including pin ups.So post gifs, memes,trailers, videos,stories and music,to your hearts content.

No politics or religious comments…respect all commenters.Enjoy

Lian

















No comments:

Post a Comment