Saturday, May 6, 2023

It's gonna be a long hot summer!

What does summer mean to you?

Suddenly our summer is here, and in two days it's becoming hot!
I like the beginning of summer, but not when the temperatures go well over a hundred.
Summer makes me think of….
Luscious strawberries, fruits of the forest, melons, and peaches and cream.

We used to have barbecues by people's pools and picnics on the beach, but not since Covid.
Swimming in clear blue seas…but this year, we have warnings of poisonous sea snakes…ugh. We do usually have jellyfish too, and sharks in some areas. But I've never seen sea snakes before.

I love to watch people learning to do water sports and usually grab a sunbed on a private hotel beach, but this year seems to have hundreds of tourists coming for the sunshine. I like lonely beaches, just the sea and sand, shells, and rock pools.



What do you like to do in the summer?
I enjoy long summer evenings in restaurants or bars or coffee bars by the sea, watching the sun sink into the sea from the sky.


I used to enjoy sailing when my friends had yachts, jumping into the cool deep blue sea.
Think I need a new swimsuit, as I've worn the same one for years. LOL


We also have a beautiful hotel in the capital with huge gardens, and sometimes we pay for a day around a pool by the sea, but that's rare these days.

Post memes, gifs, music, trailers, and stories with a summer theme. Remember to respect all commenters, and most of all enjoy. No politics …no religious comments, please.

Lian

No comments:

Post a Comment