Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sssh The sound of silence and other sounds of music

What is your favorite instrument?


Being born a townie, I remember the first time I heard silence, it hurt my ears, I was deep in the countryside, it rang in my ears. Also, at night alone on the moors in pitch blackness that enveloped me, scary…

Listen to the sea

I live in a town again, not my real choice after the space in Australia, bush, and beaches.
At the moment, we are enduring road building, construction all around.I think Im the only person feeding the birds here, they wake me up chirping for plum cake every morning.
They boldly fly into my room, onto my chandeliers, bedside table and are extremely inquisitive. I love the chirping of my wild sparrows.


My favorite sound is being woken by the bush in Australia, that's heaven for me.
There are two places I know of where birds don't sing. One is Auschwitz the other, is ‘The silent city of Mdina’, there is nothing for birds to eat there, in that part of the Mediterranean, cities were built without gardens. Animals lived in the ground floor of the house, and every house by law had to have a well. Its a small island built on a rock.

Also the voices of people I know can bring happiness. Favorite music too, and my friends on LFE.

The first image is my mill room,
And then….
The silent city
Mdina





In Italy I used to hear crickets, I used to hear them here too, but not since ruthless construction started.
If I am in the front of the house, its a cacophony of redirected cars, lorries delivering goods and neighbours gossiping. My home, however, is in two parts, a townhouse and an old mill, hundreds of years old with three-foot walls filled with earth and somewhat soundproof to those around me. It's a hundred square meters and I live mostly in that room, and in the garden come summer. I could be a million miles from my noisy town, which, apart from locals, has been devoid of crowds since covid and roadworks, businesses closed down and could not struggle on.

Everyone on LFE  loves the sound of the blues, and wild music, and chat…
So post your favorite sounds, discuss sounds you may like or dislike, of course, post your favorite music, memes gifs, trailers, and observations. Chat with friends.

Most of all enjoy and respect others.



Lian


No comments:

Post a Comment