Saturday, May 20, 2023

Jeans jeans jeans And furever friends. Childhood memories.

When I first wore jeans, my stepfather was horrified! I used to clean the decks in those, he said.
In the sixties, denim symbolized rebelliousness. MLK made jeans popular. In the 1800s and 1930s, jeans were for workers. Marlon Brando always wore jeans on screen and off.



In the 80s and 90s jeans became tighter and tighter, now baggy jeans are the norm again.
Stone-washed jeans were outed for darker denim.


Denim almost became a uniform over three decades….now baggy jeans are back!
Great for casual wear. Did you follow the denim trends? Do you still wear it? My wardrobe is full of recycled denim, jeans, skirts, dresses, coats, and recycled jackets with the sleeves cut off, and embroidered.



I always have had a fondness for trams. I remember them as a child and the lovely colored tickets for different fares, they still have them in many countries.
I remember my Friday treat if I was good, a strawberry ice cream in a cafe listening to violins playing, (even if I was naughty) the pink ice arrived, and my trip to an aquarium to watch the fish was a weekly treat.

Then a procession of Furever friends. A poodle named Pooh and a cat called Horace.
And a whippet a good racer.

Now furever friends are named after cars!


Furecedes, Pursche, and Cattilac and not Pooh like my poodle, but Mini pooper. LOL
Had two slowcoach Tortoises Maurice and Doris, a rabbit and two blue budgies, luv animals to this day.

So how time flies, I was born in the last century, and how things have changed.
My Great Grandmother had long plaits coiled like earphones, and her hair was jet black. She lived till 98.
Fluffy earphones on buses remind me of her.

Can't believe its 23 years since we had the milestone of the year 2000. And the futuristic 2001 came and went.

So post memes, gifs, trailers, pets you've had/have, music music music, memories memories memories.
Themes memories, denim, and pets, their antics and names.


Enjoy
Lian


No comments:

Post a Comment