Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sundown

Sundown and…The last carnival


There are wonderful sunsets to behold, sunrises too.


There are songs about sundown, sunsets, and dark skies.


But a great deal of planning should be made for our final journey.


I used to take photos of cemeteries in different countries. I found headstones fascinating: some are beautiful, some traditional, and some humorous! Some have beautiful angels. In many countries, to save space, some are buried standing up. In India, widows used to be burned alive in public so that they could join their husbands.

One gets a good idea of cultures from headstones or the person that lived.
I used to cycle through a cemetery to work for two years. I was stopped as not allowed. It was full of trees, birds, bird song, and flowers - an overgrown wildlife space in the middle of a huge sprawling city, and traffic free.
I then took a back route over tree roots along a disused path. It was so peaceful, even a pleasant place to walk.



Unlike many people, I don't find cemeteries eerie or creepy, even at night.








Have you thought of an epitaph? If so, would it be serious or humorous? Tell a story.
I hope my faithful Collie awaits me should I go to heaven.


Post songs, music, images, gifs, memes, and videos.
Most of all, enjoy.

Respect all who post here….No politics or religious indoctrination, please.

Lian

No comments:

Post a Comment